The Scentroid Vacuum Chambers are easy to use, portable, and cost-effective air sample collection devices. The chamber comes in multiple sizes to fit bags of up to 10L, 25L, and even 50L. A built in rechargeable vacuum pump, creates a vacuum inside the chamber. The vacuum around the air sample bag forces the air sample to enter the collection bag through the stainless steel bulkhead fitting without contacting the sample pump. The wetted surfaces (i.e. surfaces in contact with the sample air) are Stainless Steel and PTFE only. The battery is capable of sustaining more than 75 samples with a single charge and can be charged using 110/220V outlet or a 12V car outlet. The Auto Purge function creates a positive pressure inside the chamber forcing all the air inside the sample bag to exhaust through the sample line. This auto function makes purging, priming, and conditioning a one-step simple process.
- Open the Vacuum chamber
- Connect the Sample bag to the PTFE tube inside the vacuum chamber
- Close the vacuum chamber
- Connect the external sample line to the sample collection device (i.e probe or Flux chamber) for source sampling or leave off if sampling ambient air.
- Switch to Sample function to draw in the sample air.
- Stop when sample is half full and switch to Purge routine to exhaust all the lines and the sample bag with source air.
- Switch to Sample function again and fill the bag with sample air.
- Turn unit off and open the case
- Close sample bag valve and remove it from the vacuum chamber.