The Scentroid SP20 Heated Air Purger is a revolutionary device designed to provide an effective and reliable cleaning solutions for olfactometers, sample bags, PTFE lines, and other equipment which may be contaminated with odours.
- The SP20 provides hot air at up to 200 degrees Celsius (400 degrees Fahrenheit) to effectively clean stainless steel lines of any of our olfactometers. It can be connected directly to the sample line or to the compressed air line.
- The hot air from the unit can also be used to regenerate carbon filters and silica gels in the odour/humidity filter built into the SM100, SC300, or the SS600.
- The SP20 provides a unique function of cycling between injecting hot air and vacuuming to speed up purging of Tedlar and other reusable bags.
Principle of Operation
There are two modes of operation available on the SP20.
Mode 1: Continuous Hot Air Purging
This Mode is used to clean sample lines, PTFE tubes and to regenerate Carbon and Silica Gels Filters
- Air Temperature is set on the unit by the operator.
- The unit provides continuous hot air at the specified temperature as monitored by a built in thermocouple.
This Mode is used to quickly clean reusable sample bags
- Operator sets temperature and pressure as well as the cycle time in Seconds (1-30 Sec)
- The unit injects hot air for the duration of the cycle filling the sample bag.
- At the end of the injection cycle the unit witches to vacuum and completely draws the air from the same sample bag.
- The cycle is continuously repeated creating a lung effect.
Benefits of Cyclic Purging