Scentroid Infield Olfactometer – SM100
Ultra-Portable Field Olfactometer
Scentroid SM100 is the world’s first field olfactometer. This in-field odour measurement apparatus allows users to accurately quantify ambient odour strength.
This revolutionary odour measurement device (Patent Pending) offers an easy-to-use and cost effective alternative to guessing at odour strength or using expensive odour measuring laboratories.
- Conduct daily odour emissions monitoring of industrial operation
- Determine odour source contributions
- Evaluate odour emission impact on neighbouring residents
- Determine odour mitigation effectiveness over time
- Monitor emission compliance
- Verify lab results and dispersion model predictions
- Conduct Panelist Screening
Basics of Operation
- The SM100 field odour measurement draws a sample of ambient air via venture vacuum pump and dilutes it using fresh odourless air from a high pressure compressed air tank.
- Operator uses an adjustable sliding valve to control the ratio of fresh to ambient air.
- The mixed air is sent to through a flexible hose to a disposable face mask.
- Operator slowly increases concentration of the mix until the odour of ambient air is detected.
- A scale on the sliding valve shows the Dilution to Threshold ratio or odour intensit